About Michael D. Wolk, M.D.
Dr. Michael Wolk is a partner at Northeastern Rehabilitation Associates and has been with the practice since 1992. Dr. Wolk received his Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Scranton and his Medical Degree from The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He is certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation with a Sub-specialty in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine, and by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners.
Dr. Wolk's area of practice includes inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, independent medical examinations, and utilization/peer reviews. He serves as a Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery for the Commonwealth Medical College. He has been the Medical Director of Allied Services Institute of Rehabilitation Hospital since 2004 and the Medical Director of the Spinal Cord Injury Unit at Allied Services Rehabilitation Hospital since 1994. Dr. Wolk is also the Medical Director of the Stroke Rehabilitation Unit and Out-Patient Services at Allied Services Institute of Rehabilitation located in Scranton, Pennsylvania. In 2004, Dr. Wolk received the special recognition award from the American Trauma Society, Pennsylvania division.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, M.D., 1988
- University of Scranton, B.S., 1984
Post Graduate Education:
- Residency, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
State University of New York at Buffalo, 1989-1992
Buffalo, New York
- Internship, Internal
State University of New York at Buffalo, 1988-1989
Buffalo, New York
- American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (ABPM&R)
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Spinal Cord Injury Medicine, Subspecialty Certification, ABPM&R
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Lackawanna County Medical Society